We are seeking a few excellent candidates to serve as members of our National Ethics Standards Committee. The National Ethics Standards Committee is charged with overseeing the Accreditation and Recognition Program of the Standards for Excellence Institute, a project of Maryland Nonprofits. The Committee’s main roles and responsibilities include:
- Providing advice and guidance to staff regarding the periodic review and evaluation of the application policies, procedures, and processes;
- Providing advice and guidance to staff regarding the periodic review of content of the Standards for Excellence: An Ethics and Accountability Code for the Nonprofit Sector;
- Reviewing and approving or denying all Accreditation or Standards Basics Enhanced applications.
Nonprofit senior staff, board members, funders, educators, and experienced nonprofit consultants, accountants, and lawyers are eligible for recruitment or nomination to the Committee. Members typically have 10+ years of management or governance experience working with nonprofit organizations across a broad spectrum of areas.
This prestigious volunteer opportunity offers many benefits:
- Contribute to strengthening ethics and accountability in the nonprofit sector
- Network with other nonprofit management professionals
- Access professional development for your analytical and assessment skills
To nominate yourself or a colleague for this important post, please fill out this nomination form.