As we begin to accept applications for this year’s Standards for Excellence Licensed Consultant Class of 2014, I am excited to hear more and more about how individuals who become Licensed Consultants are engaged in the program.
This blog provides a bit of a “catalogue” of different ways that Standards for Excellence Licensed Consultants use their Standards for Excellence designation to work with clients across the country.
Current Licensed Consultants use their Standards for Excellence designation in many ways, including, just to name a few:
- Offering Standards for Excellence training programs for individual nonprofits, groups of nonprofits, colleges/universities, and for replication partners
- Using materials frequently for consulting engagements involving:
- nonprofit boards,
- capacity building
- nonprofit start ups
- Strategic planning work (especially uses the board and volunteer management materials)
- Utilizing Standards for Excellence self-assessment and Organizational Assessment and Planning Tool, especially to help uncover what individual boards need
- Providing training for grantees of the specific foundations and utilize Standards for Excellence resources in follow up engagements
- Serving as a lead consultant for a cohort of organizations all working toward implementing the Standards for Excellence together
- Aligning board training programs with the Standards for Excellence program
- Using the materials in fee based programming with grantmakers, healthcare, education, arts organizations and more
- Integrating whole consulting practice around Standards for Excellence
- Helping groups apply to become recognized under the Standards for Excellence tiered recognition program and full certification program
- Helping groups apply to become licensed Standards for Excellence replication partners
- Using the materials as the basis for presentations at national conferences/conventions
To learn more about the Standards for Excellence Licensed Consultant program, click here.
To apply to become a member of the Licensed Consultant Class of 2014, click here: http://standardsforexcellenceinstitute.org/dnn/PartnersInExcellence/LCTApplicationRequest.aspx